Post XXI
Yesterday I finally had some time to attend
one of the school clubs. I decided to go to volleyball, as a few of the
students from that club had asked me to attend. This was my first time playing
volleyball, and these kids were frikkin pros. Though I was very obviously a beginner,
they were really patient with me, and seemed to enjoy teaching me in many
respects. My arms are in rather a lot of pain now, I suspect as a result of bad
spiking technique. But I`ll be heading there again today, and then leave them
be, as they have a competition coming up and I don’t want to distract them too
much!!
I have a small demonstration class again today, but it`s only one person who is coming, and I know him personally already so I am not too worried. I will also be giving some of my graduating students some Licquorice Allsorts. It`s not a flavour that they have in Japan, so I am expecting a lot of EEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH s when they try them. A few weeks ago, the male teachers from primary school had some at my house, and they were so confused. They couldn’t decide if it was too sweet, too bitter, or just too weird! So I look forward to their reactions and shall report back……
No comments:
Post a Comment