Thursday, 10 September 2015

久しぶり

Post XXIV


Like so many blogs before this one, it has fallen victim to a bit of neglect. It`s hardly surprising in many ways, I have been exceptionally busy. That said I don`t want to let it die on me, so I will attempt to spark some knew life in to it.

Summer was a long one and one that was mainly spent coaching some of my speech contest students for an upcoming English speech contest. The main thing for me has been that they have been having an enjoyable experience with English, though it seems like they are being pushed quite hard by their parents and private teachers too.

In the coming weeks I have another demonstration class, which of course means a certain degree of stress, though in all honesty I actually quite enjoy those classes! It`s a time to have your skills assessed and to get some feedback on how to improve your teaching and the programs that you teach. Once that has finished, I will be off to Korea for the first time! I am looking forward to a break from this country in many ways, as it can be a bit intense. What`s more, it has a habit of sucking you in to it`s way of thinking, which I am very aware is not very healthy,….

Japan is treating me well though, and with language comes greater integration with my community. I`ve managed to double the attendance of my English Conversation class and I`m involved with a society that promotes and organises local events, so I am feeling a much more involved in the community. Things are looking up! That said, it won`t be long before I am carrying that blimming portable shrine again, which is something that I am looking forward to and dreading in equal measures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment